Last week I was having all kinds of weird emotions (I can now blame PMS), so I decided that I should look up my horoscope to gain some insight. Reid scolded me for believing in such nonsense. I wouldn't necessarily say that I do believe in them, but I find it rather interesting when they hit the nail on the head perfectly. On that note, I'm more interested in what they say about my personality than my future. The future, in my opinion, is better left unknown.
Which brings me to the true purpose of this entry: where will I end up practicing someday? Once or twice a week I am asked where I think Reid and I will end up someday. My answer: I have no clue. Our wonderful medical education system has devised the ultimate game which they call "The Match." This is where students rank programs and programs rank students, and on one magical day (aka "Match Day"), students find out where they will be living/working for at least the next 3-6 years. At this point, we can only dream of knowing where this place will be. And, we do a lot of dreaming. Here are our top choices! Keep in mind, we've never even visited most of these places.
1. Birmingham, AL
2. "The Carolinas"
3. Mmm...somewhere in Texas, maybe?
4. Pheonix, AZ
5. Home! = Des Moines, IA
6. Colorado possibly
7. Anyplace where Reid can golf year round
8. Anyplace where I never have to see snow again
No comments:
Post a Comment