Friday, April 30, 2010

Disconnected

I lost my phone today! Wow, I never thought I would misplace something that is generally in my hand about 70% of the time. I sleep with it inches from my head. I check it obsessively to see what time it is or if I have any messages/e-mails/missed calls/facebook updates.

This is absolutely ridiculous. Remember when people didn't have cell phones or e-mail or access to their e-mail 24/7. It wasn't that long ago. How the heck did we function like that?

I was almost positive that one of my friends had picked my phone up from the table where I left it, but I panicked. How would I contact her? How would I get a hold of Reid to let him know that I didn't have my phone in case he tried to call or text? What if my mom calls and I don't answer? Will she freak out? That was a rough hour and a half - mostly because I don't know how to live without being connected. Sad.

On a brighter note: Reid and I are volunteering at a kids health fair at the Science Center in Coralville. The pediatric dentistry department was generous enough to donate toothbrushes, toothpaste, and floss as well as let me borrow some teaching tools. Should be an interesting Friday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment