Monday, May 17, 2010

Stump the M.D.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night with WORSE hives than before! I give up. I went to Student Health, and they seemed pretty confused. I guess the "eye problem" and the "hive problem" must be completely independent of one another even though they both started at the same time. I also had a fever, which threw them for a loop. The doc treated my hives, but sent me to my optometrist to see about my eye. He said it just looks inflamed, probably a virus. Mmkay. Well, I'm at home now trying to read Endo without my contacts in - basically my book is the only thing in the entire room that I can clearly see (when I hold it 5 inches from my face). I'm thinking Lasik wouldn't be a bad idea...

Funny: the nurse at student health freaked out when I said I didn't have glasses that I could wear, and I couldn' t just NOT wear my contacts (hellooo? I didn't get prescription lenses in my loupes, hun!) The MD said I should use eye drops also that she recommended, and that I should try to get glasses made ASAP. When I went to the optometrist he said 1) I shouldn't put any eye drops in, and 2) If I could get by with wearing just one contact in my "good" eye, then that would be good but not to worry if I have to wear them. I also asked him if I should rush order some glasses, and he thought that was a pretty ridiculous idea.

Back to Endo....

No comments:

Post a Comment