Monday, May 24, 2010

Lisa's Lasagna

This recipe is for Reid's favorite lasagna...a special treat one of our friends from Central College used to make! Our friend sort of fell off the face of the Earth (long story), but this recipe surfaced when I was looking for a book today:

1 container ricotta cheese
2 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp parsley

Mix above ingredients together

12 lasagna noodles
1 lb italian sausage
6 cups mozzarella cheese
5 cups spaghetti sauce (Prego)

Cook sausage. Make cheese mixture. Cook lasagna noodles until al dente. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of a 9x11 inch glass pan. Put noodles over sauce. Spread 1/2 ricotta cheese mix over noodles. Put 1/2 meat over cheese mix. Sprinkle 1-1.5 cups mozzarella cheese over sausage. Put 1 cup sauce evenly over cheese. Repeat once. Put down 1 layer noodles and then 1 cup sauce. Repeat. Top with rest of mozzarella & some Parmesan. Bake @ 350 for 1 hour.

As I'm reading this, I'm not sure it makes sense: sauce, noodles, mix, meat, mozz, sauce, noodles, mix, meat, mozz, noodles, sauce, noodles, sauce, mozz. Hmm!? Haha! Well, I just copied it straight from the paper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment