Friday, July 16, 2010

Tom Petty!


On Tuesday, I got to see one of my favorite musicians in KC :) The concert was downtown at the Sprint Center. Monday night, Mom and I went out with Ashley (who is living in KC doing her residency at Truman Medical Center) and Al at the Plaza.

I got a LITTLE out of control! Haha! The bartender at Kona Grill, who first introduced mom and I to our favorite drink (The Vegas Bomb) was working. The drink has apparently evolved, because it has never tasted quite like it did at Kona Grill when we order it anywhere else. The guy at Kona was very excited that we remembered him and his original "Vegas Bomb"...which, for the record is composed of: crap! I can't remember...I think it was crown, amaretto and peach schnapps.

Tuesday, I walked around the Power & Light district downtown. Very fun. There is this amazing looking pool bar that Ashley told me about...what a wonderful idea! check it out here

Later, mom and I went shopping and got pedicures. Then...the concert!!! It was great. There was an interesting crowd too...the people to my left were smoking pot, the people in front of us were basically humping to the music, and the guy on our right was a very rough looking groupie/biker dude. Never a dull moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment