Well, I must have partied a little too hard in KC, because I have been under the weather ever since the big trip. All that's left now is a nasty cough.
With my across town move just over a week away and my boredom hitting an all-time high, I am nearly completely packed and the apartment is almost spotless (and, then you have Reid, who started packing 2 hours before he moved from Ia City to Des Moines, but that's another story...)
Today, I found myself in somewhat of a carpet cleaning debacle. I had the cleaning scheduled for the Monday before the move, but when I confessed this to my landlord's secretary, I came to find out I was crazy for doing so. "But HOW can they clean the carpets with FURNITURE in your apartment?" she inquired. How could I have been so stupid? Gosh, I'm sure that the carpet cleaners have never shown up to clean an apartment/house that contained actual real-life furnishings...whatever will they do??? Ughh.
I swear, the landlords of Iowa City just LOVE to make tenants' lives miserable.
I almost forgot! This whole story lead me to this lovely gem of a website: http://www.costhelper.com/
And this one is for mom
No comments:
Post a Comment