Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm not afraid to cook salmon anymore!

Fish has always been a little scary. I'm not afraid to eat it (actually, I love it!), I'm afraid to cook it. But, I went out on a limb, and it was a success! Best of all, I had dinner on the table in 15 minutes!! Here's what was for dinner tonight:

Baked Salmon Fillets with Lemon
Spray a metal baking pan with Pam. Place salmon fillets in pan (I used 3). Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Squeeze one half of a lemon over fillets and sprinkle heavily with sea salt and pepper. Bake uncovered 8 minutes at 400.

Steamed Green Beans with Almonds

Cook ready to steam (in-the-bag) green beans in the microwave for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a small skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of sliced almonds, stir to coat, and toast lightly. When beans are done, dump out into bowl. Pour almonds over beans and toss. Salt and pepper to taste.

I also served Pillsbury garlic twists with this meal. Yum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment